With spring break just around the corner, it is imperative that you and your home stay safe should you have to vacate due to vacations and the like. Mother Nature can strike at any time and the professionals at SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish are ready to respond 24/7. Here are a few tips on how to ensure your home's safety.
Tips to prevent water damage:
- Turn off the water supply line
- Check for cracks in pipes
- Inspect the hot water heater for rust or a tear in the line
- Check for wet dry wall that is “hanging” or “dripping”
Tips on preventing mold from growing after water damage:
- Do not attempt to dry water with a vacuum cleaner or fan
- If mold has grown, do not attempt to remove the mold as it could lead to the growth of more mold and illness to you
- Mold can grow within 24 of water damage
The professionals at SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish will be ready for any call at any time of the day. Have any questions or have damage in your home, call us at (225) 667-2220.