Hurricane season is in full effect. Now is a great time to make sure you have a game plan, please don't wait until there is a storm in the Gulf to start your preparation. There are several helpful websites that can assist you with getting a game plan together. The Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness’ (GOHSEP) website, http://www.getagameplan.org/ is a great resource.
While the forecasters are predicting a below average season, one storm can cause extensive damage. If a storm does affect us this year we have the expertise, and experience to handle any water damage you may have. We served our community after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005, Gustav in 2008, and again during Isaac in 2012. We have even traveled to Maryland in 2011 to help after Hurricane Irene, and New Jersey in 2012 after Superstorm Sandy. You can trust our technicians have the expertise and the experience to handle any size disaster.
If you like us on Facebook we will be posting helpful articles, and videos about getting a game plan together. Also be on the lookout because, on some posts you will have the chance to win a great prize if you like and share our post.
Before and after duct cleaning
Duct Cleaning Process:
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape an diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor to microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Duct cleaning may not always be necessary. SERVPRO of South Livingston will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork.
In some circumstances, such as after fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. In these cases, SERVPRO of South Livingston can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.
Content Restoration after Fire Damage
From furniture to antiques to artwork and appliances, we'll treat your treasures with the care they deserve. While some items can be cleaned on-site, in many cases we'll need to inventory, pack out and transport the contents of your property to our state-of-the-art facility to ensure the best care possible.
- Contents may need to be cleaned off-site
- Contents inventory
- Determine replacement and restoration
- Ozone treatment
- Odor removal
- We arrive on-site and inventory all of your personal belongings.
- We carefully pack all salvable items to transport to our secure warehouse and cleaning facility.
- Unsalvageable contents are inventoried and discarded.
We have trained professionals to help you establish replacement values versus restoration costs. We are also available for pricing of non-salvable inventory items.
- Thorough cleaning
- Proper handling of all electronics
- Photographs and artwork
- Soft goods
- Dry Cleaning
- Odor Removal
For all Emergency Services Call SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish
SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Livingston. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 225-667-2220
Whether your Livingston home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your Livingston commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Fire Safey Tips
This is a house that caught fire due electrical issues in the attic.
Tips For Fire Safety:
Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
Test smoke alarms every month. If they’re not working, change the batteries.
Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT, and CALL FOR HELP. Never go back inside for anything or anyone.
We partner with the American Red Cross and also our local fire departments so fire prevention is VERY important to us! These tips are from REDCROSS.ORG
Here are some tips on WHAT TO DO AFTER A FIRE:
Call 9-1-1. Give first aid where needed; cool and cover burns to reduce the chance of further injury or infection.
Let friends and family know you’re safe.
People and animals that are seriously injured or burned should be transported to professional medical or veterinary help immediately.
Stay out of fire-damaged homes until local fire authorities say it is safe to re-enter.
Caring for Yourself & Loved Ones
- Pay attention to how you and your loved ones are experiencing and handling stress. Promote emotional recovery by following these tips. Discard any food that has been exposed to heat, smoke or soot.
- Watch pets closely and keep them under your direct control.
- Help people who require additional assistance- infants, elderly people, those without transportation, large families who may need additional help in an emergency situation, people with disabilities, and the people who care for them.
Also from REDCROSS.ORG, check it out for more information and make sure you are prepared in case an emergency happens in your home! And if you ever experience any smoke or fire damage in your home, give SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish a call at 225-667-2220.
Proper Drying and Mold Prevention after The Great Flood of 2016
This is a flooded business that didn't seek professional drying until months after the flood. The walls and ceilings collected mold and fell apart.
It has been months since the Great Flood of 2016 here in Louisiana, and homeowners are still stuck in the rebuilding phase. Since over 100,000 homes were affected by the flooded it is almost impossible for one to either not be affected by the flood or not know someone who was.
Homeowners had a lot of questions about what they needed to do to correctly dry out their home. Some learned that their is more to drying out a home than leaving the windows open and letting it air dry, or just placing box fans. SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish has a team of technicians who are highly trained in psychrometrics, the science of drying. We use special moisture reading equipment to measure the level of moisture in the air as well as in objects such as sheetrock and wall studs. In addiction to these devices, SERVPRO technicians use drying equipment; this includes air movers and dehumidifers along with numerous methods that can be used to achieve a certain standard of dryness.
Because most homeowners are not familiar with psychrometics, their homes were not dried properly. This caused another problem, old. In addition to being highly trained in water damage restoration. The technicians are also trained in mold remediation. We will work with an industrial hygienist to determine the type of mold you have, and the best course of action to remediated the mold. Upon completion of our services, the industrial hygienist will perform a clearance test. This test will give you the assurance that the remediation process was a success.
So if water, mold, or fire damage happens to your home or business, call SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish at 225-667-2220. You can be confident that a team of highly trained service professionals will respond quickly to your needs.