Recent General Posts
Calling a Reputable Company for Mitigation
How to Get Water Cleanup and Mitigation Done
In order to get water cleanup done, you're going to need to hire a restoration company that can come in and handle the flood damage for you. They do all of the drying for you when it concerns water in your home. If you have water in your business, restoration can be done by the same type of company. You may want to hire the pros to handle a pipe break or supply line break if this has become an issue for you. A flooded home should be restored as soon as possible to prevent further issues from surfacing.
How to Hire a Restoration Company
The best way to hire a professional company to handle water in your home is by finding one that has a lot of experience. These companies should ideally have a lot of experience cleaning up water in a business or any type of water in a home. They can also find and fix a supply line break or pipe break that you might currently have. In many cases, the reason for water in a business is because of a pipe break. If you have a supply line break, you might want to contact a professional plumber to handle the issue for you.
Visit http://www.SERVPROsouthlivingstonparish.com/water-damage-restoration for more information on water damage.
With spring break just around the corner, it is imperative that you and your home stay safe should you have to vacate due to vacations and the like. Mother Nature can strike at any time and the professionals at SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish are ready to respond 24/7. Here are a few tips on how to ensure your home's safety.
Tips to prevent water damage:
- Turn off the water supply line
- Check for cracks in pipes
- Inspect the hot water heater for rust or a tear in the line
- Check for wet dry wall that is “hanging” or “dripping”
Tips on preventing mold from growing after water damage:
- Do not attempt to dry water with a vacuum cleaner or fan
- If mold has grown, do not attempt to remove the mold as it could lead to the growth of more mold and illness to you
- Mold can grow within 24 of water damage
The professionals at SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish will be ready for any call at any time of the day. Have any questions or have damage in your home, call us at (225) 667-2220.
What to do Until Help Arrives
These emergency tips will assist you in taking the proper action until your SERVPRO of South Livingston professionals arrive. Please follow these DOs and DON'Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration. Here are the DOs and DON'Ts for a water damage from a clean water loss.
- Call SERVPRO of South Livingston immediately at (225) 667-2220.
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletops items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wooden blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TV's or other appliances while standing on wet carpets of floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
About SERVPRO of South Livingston
SERVPRO of South Livingston specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Have a Question? Call Us Today - (225) 667-2220
Hurricane season is in full effect. Now is a great time to make sure you have a game plan, please don't wait until there is a storm in the Gulf to start your preparation. There are several helpful websites that can assist you with getting a game plan together. The Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness’ (GOHSEP) website, http://www.getagameplan.org/ is a great resource.
While the forecasters are predicting a below average season, one storm can cause extensive damage. If a storm does affect us this year we have the expertise, and experience to handle any water damage you may have. We served our community after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005, Gustav in 2008, and again during Isaac in 2012. We have even traveled to Maryland in 2011 to help after Hurricane Irene, and New Jersey in 2012 after Superstorm Sandy. You can trust our technicians have the expertise and the experience to handle any size disaster.
If you like us on Facebook we will be posting helpful articles, and videos about getting a game plan together. Also be on the lookout because, on some posts you will have the chance to win a great prize if you like and share our post.
For all Emergency Services Call SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish
SERVPRO of South Livingston Parish provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Livingston. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 225-667-2220
Whether your Livingston home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your Livingston commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration